Monday, April 28, 2008

No Time for Love

Looking in the rear-view mirror, the driver asked, “Pastor Brad, have you got any Kids?”

Laughing, Miles decided to answer this one for me, “He is still a kid himself!”

Thanks Miles.

Just before taking this job as Miles’ assistant, I was supposed to go out with a very nice young lady from the Rock. Darah asked if I thought it was a good idea to possibly complicate my life even more by perusing a relationship. Without giving it a second thought, I said, “yes, I think it’s a good idea…” (Seriously, what kind of a question is that?).

Whelp, God had other plans and has kept me single. Ha ha. He is good and as always, knows what’s best for me even when I may disagree at first. My sister made mention of the situation to Miles a week before I was hired. His response was, “That boy is not going to have any time for girls…” Miles was right.

On a cool / creepy side note, I’ve had an idea of what God has in store for me down the road. This idea is so “out there” it would have to be a God thing. Knowing that (and not wanting to sound like a crazy person), I’d only told two of my closest friends what I thought was coming down the road.

I could hear the hesitation in my mom’s voice two weeks ago when she asked my permission to pray for something. This “something” was exactly what I had told a friend about a year earlier… Fun stuff. I’ll be able to give more details later.

No comments: