Monday, April 28, 2008

I'll be at the pool

Today is a travel and rest day. We flew from Port of Spain, Trinidad to… some other island (?) to St. Maarten and finally to Kingston Jamaica where we checked in to the hotel. Miles has an early morning TV interview (6:15am) followed by a press conference before we fly to Montego Bay to join the 280 people from the Rock Church who are going service projects before this weekend’s Crusade. This is my first and possibly only chance I’ll get to put on my bathing suit and hang out at the pool. Sure we’re in the Caribbean, but wow, is it a lot of work! It’s exciting but is far from the vacation my friends seem to think I’m taking.

The hour-long vacation I’m taking this afternoon will be more than enough for me. Then it’s back to work at press conferences, media appearances, service projects, VIP dinners (including one with the Prime Minister of Jamaica) and meetings with other local business, church and government leaders… I never said the work wasn’t fun an exciting!

No comments: