Monday, April 28, 2008

I see white people.

We entered the airport at Port of Spain and I was overwhelmed with the number of white people! Of course, they were all flying American Airlines. We walked right past those counters to the Caribbean Airlines desk where I am once again in the minority. This is so much fun.

"Toto, I have a feeling we are not in East Greenwich anymore." :)

I’m also beginning to realize how small some of these islands are. Stitchie, the Christian Reggae artist I met over the weekend is sitting in the row in front of me on the plane (I was NOT expecting to see anyone I knew on here…). At one point over the weekend, I called one of the Trinidad pastors. The woman who answered the phone told me I had the wrong number. I apologized and was about to hang up when she said, “but you’re only off by one number. Pastor Griffith’s number is 686-…” Not only did she know the pastor, she gave me the correct number!

This is a good place. There’s no doubt we’ll be back and I’m looking forward to it.

No comments: