Wednesday, May 7, 2008

They never would have guessed…

“You know Brad, I used to think you were very Caucasian. That all changed tonight.” That is what one of the Rock’s African American employees said to me after she saw me dancing in the middle of a crowd of Jamaica women and most importantly – being able to keep up with them! It was the final set of the Miles Ahead Festival on Saturday night in Montego Bay. Papa San was performing and what can I said, it made me feel like dancing!

Miles was on stage and also pointed me out to the security team, our production guys and his daughter. Rumor has it, his daughter shot some video, but I haven’t seen the footage… That’s the kind of thing that will probably surface years from now when I’m a best-selling author, world-renowned speaker and the executive pastor of a mega church.

The funniest part is that while I have a good time at work, I do take it seriously and apparently my work style and office image doesn’t lead one to think I have any rhythm or even one left and one right foot. So many people came up and said something to me about it. As a Senior VP who also had rhythm, my Dad would have been proud.

Does anyone know when the Rock’s Hip Hop Ministry is holding their next auditions? ;)

No comments: