Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A sigh of relief

The past two weeks have served as total affirmation that this is where I’m meant to be right now. While this job is not at all what my friends imagine when I tell them I work at a church as the assistant to the Senior Pastor, it really is the greatest challenge I’ve been faced with and gives me the greatest pride, sense of purpose and overall fulfillment.

The level and quality of work completed and people I’m working with blows me away each and every day. In Jamaica, we were pushed to the edge. We were tired. We were in unfamiliar places working with new people and unproven technology, facing issues we’d never dealt with before. Yet, time and again my co-workers rose to the occasion. Recalling the Rock’s response to the 2007 Wildfires, my pride in this organization, it’s vision, people and purpose is renewed once again. I am proud to be called a part of this team.

This pride is in no way limited to those on the ground in Jamaica. We could not have done what God called us to do abroad if it weren’t for the hard work, support and efforts of those who were called to stay back and keep the operations of the Rock rolling smoothly. It could not have been easy functioning on so many people out of the office but they did it and were critical to the entire effort.

I pray we return home refreshed, renewed and that God uses the evangelistic efforts abroad to remind us why we were called to this place and that we continue to seek His Will for our lives and our work…

Thank you, Rock family.

No comments: