Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Do you see what I see?

At the Miami Airport, Miles asked me what I saw Sunday night when we visited the Luis Palau Festival in Kingston, Jamaica. Without thinking twice about it I answered, “us in five to ten years.”

Miles Ahead pulled an impressive crowd of around 45,000 people in Montego Bay on Saturday evening. On Sunday evening in Kingston, the Palau Association had a crowd of around 90,000. While their crowd was about twice the size of the Mo Bay festival, the city was also about 10 times the size.

LP is planning on coming to San Diego around 2010. The Rock will be the main church to support the effort. Miles Ahead is planning on staffing the event for the Palau Association so that our people can learn their method and implement it in other cities around the world. It will be an impressive partnership for the Lord.

This is such a pivotal time in the leadership of both the Rock Church and Miles Ahead. It is amazing that while both organizations are functioning and even functioning well, the feeling that a “tip” is just around the corner can’t be denied. I took a Strengths Finder Assessment almost a year ago and this is one of the things it said about me:

Brad is a Maxmimizer. He is interested in taking something that works and figures out ways to make the most of it. He may not be particularly interested in fixing things that are broken. Ask him for help when you need to uncover best practices. If you do not have someone around you who regularly focuses on your strengths, spend more time with a Maximizer. He is naturally inquisitive about excellence and will help you hone in on what you do best.

Bottom line – this work is what God hard wired me to do. I love my job and while I’m sure the title will change and I’ll grow to take on even more responsibility over the next few years, it is SO exciting know with absolute certainty that this is what God made me to do.

No comments: