Friday, July 2, 2010

JMT Here we come!

Gunslinger (aka Leon), a good friend I met on my Appalachian Trail thru-hike in 2001 is going to thru-hike the John Muir Trail with his wife, Bri later this summer. They're going to take 20 days to hike the 215-trail from Yosemite to Mt. Whitney.

I hiked this length of trail in 2003 (it overlaps the Pacific Crest Trail) and have often said that I would love to go back and hike it again. To be able to hike even a section with Leon, Bri and Julie would be amazing.

Julie and I have hiked together (she's a fast walker) but never went backpacking before the wedding. We had our first over-night trip a few weekends ago and I think that may be a warm-up to hiking a section of the JMT. It's also when Miles will be on vacation, so taking off for a few days should be easy.

I'm getting excited. Going to start penciling out a packing list and making sure Julie is cool with this idea.

Let's go hiking!

No comments: